Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 17, 2010

When you give to God, you win

Thank God for the many of you who have given to Haiti and those of you who are going to give, but let me say, "Why must we act when a president or an entertainer says to give?"

Why not listen to the one who gives us life, which is God almighty.

It is very commendable that you are giving to Haiti, but we need to start right here at home. Last evening I wanted to spend quality family time with my mom, so I went to Bingo with her at the church that she attends in Denver, Colorado. She and everyone there was excited because the big jackpot was $6,500.00. As I watched the many people there I new that God had sent me there for a reason.

I heard many say, "I really need to win this evening so I can buy gasoline for the car" and others stated that they needed bills paid. Also, don't think for even a moment that it was only seniors, as there were multiplies of younger people and college students in attendance. I watched the masses buy $20 to $30 dollars worth of bingo cards as they believe that their chances of winning is greater with multiple bingo cards.

What really touched me was to see the many seniors that were on a budget who were buying $50 to $100 dollars worth of pickles (a pull card that you can win instantly on). At the end of the evening one lady said, "I am so depressed now, I spent $100 dollars on pickles and now have no money for the rest of the week."

O.K. where am I going with this? Giving to God, not to gambling, is the best way.

He is a guarantee to security, food, family and all of your needs being met. God's word says "I shall provide for all your needs." The flip side of this is when I see money like this thrown away and not given to God, it really hurts me inside.

If I could only have been given just one dollar for every person in attendance last evening I could have easily feed 300 hungry people.

Believe me, try giving to God and he will take care of all your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment