Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Press Release out

It is a beautiful day here in the mile high city. My apologies for missing yesterday, as I am preparing for three separate radio broadcasts and working on the fundraiser for the homeless.

I just got the press released out this morning and hopefully everything will slow down a bit.

I commend Denver for raising an abundant amount of money for Haiti, but this gets me more determined to raise monies for the homeless right here on the streets in the United States. I don't know what I am more frustrated with, those right here in the United States that won't give to help take the homeless off the streets, but will give to another country when there is an name attached or those who complain and do nothing, where have we went off track. I don't object to helping Haiti, as need is need, but the people complaining about the homeless on the streets do nothing to help.

What they don't realize is if they don't help now it will be a bigger problem soon. For when I do the street outreach I talk to the humble at heart, as well as to the angry at heart. Some say they can't take much more and that nothing goes their way, so that may possibly lead to acts of violence just to survive.

My walks in the past years have seen and heard more stories of heartache, frustration and giving up, as no one should feel this way in a country that offers so much but gives so little at times.

To be honest with you I am frustrated and angry at the non-willing of people to help those in need here.

No comments:

Post a Comment