Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 22, 2010

Haiti in America's back yard

The weak person inside me says to quit today, but I won't give up the fight.

This was given to me by God, not man, and only if you would give $2 dollars out of what you would give to Haiti, we could clear up the homeless situation in the United States.

My heart goes out to Haiti in a major way and I am sympathetic, but what about here at home? I recently heard that Denver alone will bring $30 to $40M to help Haiti and we are just one city. The giving is beautiful to see, but we must help the homeless in the same way as the situation will only get worse if ignored.

Here in Denver they say they don't want the homeless in public places or loitering in parks so lets fine them $200 dollars, or throw them into jail, and of course they end up in jail as they do not have the money to pay the fine, remember they are homeless and jobless.

If it was me I would go to jail just to get food and shelter. I don't know if I am angry or depressed that George Clooney could and will bring in millions to Haiti, but when I ask him in the name of God to help I cannot get a response.

Please realize the reason that we are blessed and do not have the problems that Haiti and other countries have is because we were founded in God we Trust, not in Clooney we trust.

Please think about your own back yard as that is where the homeless will eventually end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment