Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Unemployment and homeless.


Will be HOMELESS in PA. November 30, 2010 |

Unemployment Stories | Share I moved from NY to Pa for a job in July 2008. They layed me off in Dec. 2008 5 months after I started. I have been unemployed since. In the 2 years I have a total of 4 weeks of temp work. I am on tier 4 with 3 1/2 weeks left. Without my unemplyment benifits I will be homeless by New Years. I apply to all jobs hoping that there is a position for me. I have been turned down for a supermarket job cause I am OVER QUALIFIED to be a cashier. I can’t even get a job that pays min wage then how does the Govement expect me to pay my bills ( Rent, Food, Heat, ETC….) I need the unemployment till I can get back on my feet

- Unemployed in Pennsylvania

“How has unemployment impacted your life? Were you effected by the failed unemployment extensions earlier this year? Are you in favor, or against, an unemployment extension?

No comments:

Post a Comment